ads

race flag banner

race flag banner

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Finally some good news!!!

I have been so stressed out since last week when I received a letter from our insurance company stating they have denied a claim for enhanced autism services from Early Intervention. I wanted to freak out and scream, I didn't understand why I would be getting this letter. We have a HMO and have never had any trouble with anything being covered. I was thinking Oh my god, there is going to be a huge bill coming, or services are going to end, I thought do I have to get a lawyer, is this even legal? It was Friday also so I thought to myself it's okay we will figure this out on Monday no need to freak out, we can always appeal this decision.

After thinking all weekend long about this letter I just wanted to Burn, I remembered that my service coordinator had told me we will never see a bill.

Well after visiting Early Intervention today for Jo Jo's Sensory Processing Group, I stopped at the billing office and presented the letter and after the very friendly billing lady looked up our case she looked at me with a smile and told me the that DPH has picked up the bill. WooHoo!!! That was a huge weight lifted off my shoulder's!!!

1 comment: