ads

race flag banner

race flag banner

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Starting Line!

Joseph Michael Chavis better known as Jo Jo's is a very sweet soft spoken 2 1/2 year old toddler. He loves to play with his cars and trucks, he loves to count to twenty, he loves singing the alphabet, and he loves playing with his sister. He also enjoys running, going to the beach, and playing in the sandbox. Last week our Jo Jo was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, better defined as Autistic Disorder. I do have to say that I was not at all surprised. When we arrived at the Developmental Pediatrician's office for our parent conference with our doctor I already knew he was going to be diagnosed with Autism. When we sat down and talked about Jo Jo's I just said okay when she told me he has Autism. The doctor looked at me and said are you okay? I said I'm fine I was expecting it. Our doctor was very optimistic and reassured us that with all the therapy and services out there Jo Jo will be okay. His therapy will be intensive and structured. Any lapse in therapy can cause him to regress so I have to be on my A Game! The doctor suggest's 20 hours a week of home therapy. This should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment