ads

race flag banner

race flag banner

Thursday, January 30, 2014

The I.E.P. Has Arrived!!!



Jo Jo's first I.E.P. arrived today!!! A copy for us and a copy to sign and return. I was able to read it over today and so far I am very pleased. I still need to read it over with the hubby, but I'm pretty sure he will be happy with it too. Everything that we talked about with the school is in it. Everything is covered.

I plan to turn everything in on Monday! I still have to complete his enrollment paperwork and make copies for proof of residency and pick up a medical form from his doctor, but we are so excited for February 10th!!! First day of school for Jo Jo is coming up so fast!!!

Until the first day of school we are trying to cram in as much ABA Therapy as we can. Which Jo Jo is tolerating very well so I am happy he is able to handle the extra load of work. Which means school should not be to stressful for him because if he can handle 6 hours of ABA a day then he can 2 1/2 hours of preschool.

I also got some amazing news today! I know someone who work's at South Shore Therapies and they work with a lot of children with Autism. They wanted to run our insurance and see if we are able to get therapy through there office so Jo Jo can get something extra besides school. Well we are lucky because the insurance is going to cover Jo Jo!!! We have to go through a step by step process first before we can start. First we have to have a phone intake interview which I am doing tomorrow! Then we have to schedule a Evaluation at there office, and after that we will have to get a referral from our pediatrician. Then once we have the referral we can start therapy. They offer several kinds of therapy such as Speech, Occupational Therapy, Sensory, and more. This will probably be a once a week type of thing but it's only 10 minutes from my house and we will have a copay every week. This news has made me so happy because I have been so bummed about all of our home services ending and not being able to continue ABA so this was news we really needed!


No comments:

Post a Comment